Thank You for volunteering your time to soccer!www.weyburnsoccer.com
The following is required of volunteers working with children in Saskatchewan.
- The “Respect in Sport” course is MANDATORY for all coaches/volunteers in any sport in Saskatchewan. The link to this online course can be found here **PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TAKE THE RESPECT IN SPORT COURSE FROM THE LINK ON OUR WEBSITE SO THAT YOU ARE NOT CHARGED FOR THE COURSE**
- A current Criminal Record Check (with Vulnerable Sector Check) - please print and take the record check letter, to the Weyburn City Police or your local law enforcement office. CRC’s are valid for 2 years. They can be emailed to email@example.com
- Please contact CAMILLE at if you are unsure of your CRC date.
- ***SASK SOCCER ASSOCIATION states that coaches cannot be on the pitch until they are registered and have handed in a Criminal Record Check. WSA will register coaches with SSA after we receive the CRC.***
Teams will be selected by division heads ahead of time and will be submitted to the coaches before start of season. Coach will be required to send an email or phone your players by April 22nd with the following info:
- Coach contact information
- Date, time and field for first game
- All players need to wear shin pads with socks or long pants over top and proper footwear such as soccer cleats or running shoes (no sandals, crocs, boots or bare feet). Also, no jewelry or hats.
- Anything else you want your players to know
- Extra information can be found on our website under both the PARENTS and COACHES tabs.
GAME CANCELLATION LINE: “306-842-1036” Please call the Cancellation Line to determine if soccer is cancelled. Soccer will be cancelled due to rain, lightning or if wet fields are unsafe to play on. We will not be canceling soccer due to cold or windy conditions. We will be leaving a cancellation phone message and on our website by 4 pm if soccer is cancelled. Please inform parents to NOT call their coach or Division Head but to check website or phone cancellation line. In the event of a lightning storm during soccer a WSA member will sound the horn and all players, coaches and family members are to leave the fields immediately. Parents will be emailed or texted to pick up children.
House league team shirts and U5-U9 Tim Bits shirts are the players to keep at season’s end.
Balls, pylons, mini nets, etc will be available for coaches to pick up before games at the soccer shack.Please ensure that you bring back the same amount of balls, etc that you took so we don’t have to keep sorting the ball bags throughout the season and to ensure that the next group will have the proper amount.
WSA Board of Directors